Hey! I for one read a lot of different genres, one of my favorite genres is contemporary. I really want to share some contemporary books for you all that I really think you would enjoy! So without further a do, let's start!
(P.S: If one of your fave contemporary books isn't here, it's probably because I haven't read it yet, so please mention it in the comments below, who knows? I might just read it!)

Pretty Little Liars:
Yes, it's true guys! It was a book before it became a TV series. And don't worry, the books and the TV series is not the same story. It is the same setting, same characters and same main plot ( A letters ), but other then that the story is completely different as both of them progress. They both start as the same story and plot, but as they both progress, they differ immensely.

The story to my introduction to this series is kind of funny. I was at a book store with my mom and I had a gift card. So I was looking through the books, then I found pretty little lairs. Then I remembered that in school I overheard a classmate a teacher talk about it, and when I asked them what was it, they said 'Pretty Little Liars'. So I was like, "Mommy, I know this! I heard .... talk about it." I didn't know it was a TV series at the time too. So I was I was like "OMG she's a reader too! I've never seen her read a book before!" Well, I should of listened to my common sense because it laughed at me right in the face. I do believe that people can change, but this time wasn't one of them.
So I bought the book and it was the bind-up edition, and each book was about 300 pages. So I was a sixth grader that had a 600 paged book in her hand. But instead, as a sixth grader I flew through it, it was one of my favorite series of all time.
What I really like about those books is that there are multiple things happening at once, and every character has their own developed personal life (developed by the author). So no perspective is more boring than the other. They are all equally fantastic and will keep you on the edge of your seat. This series is extremely dramatic, it involves cheating, drunk driving, and other mature topics. There is a huge mystery aspect that will leave you anxious for more.
LINKS:
Girl Online:

This series is by a famous youtuber named Zoe Sugg (a.k.a: Zoella). I personally enjoyed this as a light contemporary read. It was so enjoyable to me personally. This was like the hot teen novel in our school for 2016. Everybody was reading it, even non-readers. Everybody was recommending it. I feel not necessarily all age groups can enjoy this book. While it blew our middle school minds away, some people might find it basic or too immature. But for me personally, I really enjoyed it, it was one of the primary books that made me a reader. I fact, after reading this book I instantly became a reader. To me, to be a reader is to have a book with you at all times and having finished a book every couple of days or weeks.
After this book I instantly picked up the next book I had on my shelf and started reading, then after that I found other people that shared mt interests, so we marathoned series together, then I read more and more. And that's how I became an official reader. I feel like this book will really suit people that aren't really big on books, and who knows, might actually make them become a reader. Because this book is really easy to read and stands with pop-culture. Disclaimer: This is not a literary book and in no way a literary experience. This will make you feel all happy and fluffy inside. Some people might find this series a little cliche, but that still doesn't deny that it is an enjoyable read.
LINKS:
to buy: https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Online-First-Novel-Zoella/dp/1476799768/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523355725&sr=1-1&keywords=girl+online
Colleen Hoover Books:
One of my favorite authors, Colleen Hoover is the author of many books, and each of them break your heart in a different way. Some are deep and emotional and some are fluffy and so cute. All of her books are so addictive and creative. Though to be warned, some of her work have some explicit content.

Her books are extremely real. I suggest you not read from this author if you are not interested in the romance genre. Her books provide so much emotion, and each book is different in its own way. She is one of the few authors I read for just because I like the author's writing. I usually pick up books because of what they're about, not because I know the author or like his/her writing. But she's one of the few authors that I pick up her books because of her writing and her amazing plot lines. Her writing hooks me from the first page. And each of her books is deep and has a meaning behind it. She is not a spiritual writer. She writes about deeply emotional topics like divorce, attachment, and forbidden love.
Now because these are all separate books with no particular order, I will not be providing the links.
John Green Books:
I for one am not a really big John Green fan, I find his book just 'Meh..'
But I know a lot of people who have been deeply moved by his books. His books are good, but you know, they're just 'okay' ( ironic: okay-okay (the fault in our stars) )
But not all of us have the same interests, so I thought I might recommend it because I've seen the effect it does on people, and I've thought not because I didn't really enjoy it doesn't mean you guys won't enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with his writing or books, it is just that they did't intrigue to me as much as other people, It didn't reach to me 'that' level of enjoyment when I'm like 'WOW!!!'
I recommend you read first what I personally think is his best book:
The Fault In Our Stars:
You can check it out for yourself at:
LINKS:
to preview: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11870085-the-fault-in-our-stars?ac=1&from_search=true
to preview: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11870085-the-fault-in-our-stars?ac=1&from_search=true
Well, that's all for now. Comment in the comments below if you recommend anything for me and you can also mention your faves!


No comments:
Post a Comment