Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Now, there are a lot of series out there that I think are very interesting and cool. Most of them I'm going to share with you now.

And I also want to plan ahead so when I finish a book I have something to read.

So behold! My current 'WTR'(want to read) pile. (hope it catches on)

Image result for check list


'Six of Crows' Duology:

          Image result for six of crows duology
I think this duology really lines up with my current tastes. I don't know how to describe it. Some books you just get that vibe from. 
It follows 6 dangerous mischievous outcasts, all going through a deadly heist. The thing is, I really like intense amazingly flawed characters and a mischievous wicked plot. And this duology sounds like just that! It just seems so like my taste in fantasy: dark and mischievous.
The thing is, I love flawed, deep, complex characters. They are just so developed and their story is just so rich.
And honestly, I wasn't planning on reading this duology anytime soon, until one day I went to the bookstore to buy 'Crown of Midnight', and I was just exploring through all these wonderful books (you know that feeling), and then I was just gazing at the beautiful covers of the 'Six of Crows' duology. Seriously guys, the covers are fantastic! And the idea of the colored pages is just fantastic and so creative! 
I love books that have a mix of everything and aren't just romance based, or adventure based. I need a mix of everything delicious here. 
(P.S: If you know a book like that please suggest it in the comments below, who knows, it might just be my next read!)
I feel like this Duology will serve me all of the above. I just have a good feeling about this guys!

The first book is titled: Six of Crows

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price–and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone…

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.


Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz’s crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don’t kill each other first.

Page Count: 465

'A Court of Thorns and Roses' Trilogy:

Image result for a court of thorns and roses trilogy
After being blown away by 'Sarah .J. Maas's 'Throne of Glass' series, I am definitely planning on reading her other series. 
I gave this a go on ebook, I had started to read it online and I just wasn't interested. Her writing style at the time seemed slow and boring to me. So I just DNFed it.
I did the same for 'Throne of Glass', but that will be mentioned in another blog post soon.
But after 'Throne of Glass' had blown me away, I'm really planning on giving this series another go, because it also helped me realize that every author has their writing style. With Sarah .J. Maas I feel like in her 400 page works you have to get through 100 pages first for the story to pick up and be in her writing style. And for 'A Court of Thorns and Roses', I didn't pass the 100 mark page. I've learned to have more patience with books, give it a little more time, because who knows, this book in my hand might become one of my favorite reads and I did'n't really give it a try.
And people are constantly raving about this series, so I'm excited about where it will take me!

Also there's a new book that is probably a companion novel to this series that's gonna be released in May. It's called: 'A Court of Frost and Starlight'.
         Image result for a court of frost and starlight cover

The first book is titled: A Court of Thorns and Roses

Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

Page count: 416

'This Savage Song' (Monsters of Verity) Duology:

                      Image result for this savage song
I hear that V.E Shwab's works are really good, so I plan on reading her works.
Her books sound so intriguing. They seem so unique and epic.
I honestly did not have a real interest in reading this duology until I read the preview. And I think its amazing! So excited to read this book! I feel like this book feels so right to me, like it was something I was looking for and didn't know it until I found it!

Also the covers and so beautiful!

The first book is titled: This Savage Song


There’s no such thing as safe in a city at war, a city overrun with monsters. In this dark urban fantasy from author Victoria Schwab, a young woman and a young man must choose whether to become heroes or villains—and friends or enemies—with the future of their home at stake. The first of two books.

Kate Harker and August Flynn are the heirs to a divided city—a city where the violence has begun to breed actual monsters. All Kate wants is to be as ruthless as her father, who lets the monsters roam free and makes the humans pay for his protection. All August wants is to be human, as good-hearted as his own father, to play a bigger role in protecting the innocent—but he’s one of the monsters. One who can steal a soul with a simple strain of music. When the chance arises to keep an eye on Kate, who’s just been kicked out of her sixth boarding school and returned home, August jumps at it. But Kate discovers August’s secret, and after a failed assassination attempt the pair must flee for their lives.
 

 Those were my top 'WTR' reads, hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any suggestions on books you think that will fit my taste, please comment in the comments below, and who know, I might just read it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]